Sticks and Stones

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Silent Night

So....it has been awhile and I don't know that I am in a huge writing mood but such is life. Today I rescued a cat - I hope. This will probably infuriate my friend whom we'll call lovely G but that only makes it all the better. Still cats out there in the world - bucko!

This kitty got hit by a car or something and I got a flashlight and called the animal control people. I hope the cat is ok - - it couldn't walk and was in a lot of pain but eventually the owner turned up and that was where I exited. So - I didn't do much really just glad I had a cell phone and some D batteries. Really the whole thing was a matter of circumstance - - right place right time and lucky I had extra batteries due to a bizarre turn of events and thus found the poor injured little one.

This makes me think of the reality of life and I am not talking about fate or anything so lofty but lately I realize that some things seem to happen due to things that are somewhat bizzarre but lead to wonderful conclusions. This scenario involves cats and batteries but.......another recent occurence involves not winning a free truck but finding something better.

Recently, I went to this bonfire party that a friend of a friend was having at the beach for two reasons: 1) I wanted to go to a Bonfire party on the Beach and 2) I wanted to win a free truck that the friend's friend was giving away at the party. My introverted self would not allow me to compete in the car competition to a certain extent but.....I was able to find a better way to spend my time. I found myself in a conversation with another rather quiet soul.......engrossed in dialogue over such things as good names for a band. I suggested the Dante Culpeppers.......and that made him smile. The smile was just the door and ever since I have been privy to a pretty amazing world........so far I have only seen a glimpse but it is already worth giving up a silly truck.

So the moral of these short and vague stories: somethings seem to happen for a reason.....or sometimes you get some use out of things/situtations which is not the intended use but is much better.........or there are good reasons to have extra batteries and at some times being quiet or introverted is a really valuable asset.

So with that - - Happy Holidays - - oh and this is called Silent Night because during the hurt kitty debaucle - - this was the song which was emitted from the house directly behind the spot where that cat lay injured. So it is now forever engraved on my brain - - which is actually really damn annoying. So - - I have two further suggestions: 1) Do not have Christmas Music play from the lights hung on your house (and probably don't hang lights) and 2) If you cannot for some reason follow rule # 1 then at the very least play good music.......the walkmen have a christmas song.....you can find something less offensive than mall muzac x-mas tunes - - really. I mean if you go through all the effort of bringing your neighborhood some x-mas cheer --- why not use that time to also show them how cool you are with your ability to be a little creative ........I mean Silent Night that is so last Christmas - - am I right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home