Sticks and Stones

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Licking Pavement

Ahh.........drinks - - early night of course turning into late night middle of the week adventure in cabs and trying to find the party -- chase the dream on a Monday night?? Who drinks on a Monday? People who have temp. jobs that randomly have odd days off and why drink? To spend all the money you made that day and likely more...........especially since I bought 3 CDs whilst at work which is likely all I got paid to answer phones..........

Nothing very exciting happened - - some high schooler asked if I was a temp. like in School of Rock......and then some of my friends and I spent the evening drinking and discussing money, relationships and bad sex............yep I may be done with sex.

Of course this is coming from the mouth or fingertips of someone who is still in the same clothes she wore last night, still frustrated and cynical and broke and......having a day of licking pavement. That is my phrase - - I coined it - I own it. If it starts catchig on and all the kids start using it.........I get the credit.

It is a great phrase - I think - -way better than other silly catch phrases like "by the skin of my teeth" or something......it explains exactly how one feels. I feel like I have been designated to the illustrious job of licking pavement - - and will function for the day with the remnant of that taste on my tongue.........unable to shake it - - no matter what I do. And one would think that the memory of living through a day of licking pavement would remind you not to go there again......but it ain't like that - - the party night of drinks etc never looks like kneeling over a dirty road - - it seduces you again and again - - - high heels......high cheekbones.....nice ass - - what ever rocks your boat..............the night is the wolf dressed up as your dream lay......but in the morning you'll be here with me - licking pavement.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mat Brewster said...

What if you lived in a city where the pavement was all sugar and honey. Then a day of licking pavement would be a cavity enducing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home