Sticks and Stones

Monday, May 29, 2006

A Frozen Moment

This is a copy of a friend of mine's blog posted a little while back...I am re-posting it here for the sake of the memory...

"Best weekend ever
New York City in springtime fizzles away my arch-nemisis February. This past weekend from Friday nite through Sunday evening was one of my best weekends ever. A honey friend flew in Friday and I scooped her up. I didn't realize my favorite part would happen when, after scrambling like a jet around the baggage claim looking for my honey when like an angel she appeared. We left JFK for the LIRR/Subway adventure but didn't have any real crazies to help occupy the time. That night we chased the dragon in the East Village and must have hit 6-7 bars/clubs/parties. Although I'm a Miami Vice fan, the 80s music was a bit much. The three pizza slices made up for the stale tunes. The next day we had a packed schedule: farmers market, walk up 5th avenue, picnic in Central Park, fed ducks, took pictures of turtles, photography museum, watched videos, walked through times square, saw the Producers, had drinks on the 8th floor of the Marriott overlooking times square, and watched more videos. Sunday included more central park, cherry blossom picnic w/ 15 new japanese friends, lots of snacks, the Whitney museum that just blew me away, Thank You for Smoking, and more snacks. We even fit in some quiet time that was a favorite of some."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home