Sticks and Stones

Monday, January 02, 2006

Second Person

Ok - so I made these sticky notes to myself to remind/encourage myself to pass the Bar. Tho I am ridiculously confused whether it would be more encouraging to see these little words of wisdom in second person (You will pass the Bar!) or in first person. So, naturally - I have made both and now wonder whether that means I am just losing it.

It is 2006...and I made some resolutions. Ok admittedly, I made them on New Year's Day not NYE and they are all (save one) things I was resolved to do anyway. I decided not to write walk up Coit tower on my list to watch 365 days go by and that never seem quite as appealing as it must on New Year's Eve.

So this thought got me going...I am giddy from about 13 hours of studying today anyway...but what about a list that you know you would be able to accomplish but could nonetheless hang on your fridge and provide amusement as you tick off the occurrences of the 'resolutions' -

Like I resolve to:
1) waste an entire evening drinking too much of (Insert liquor of choice here) and wake up very fuzzy hoping that what ever it is that I have done is as completely erased from the memory of whomever got to witness said scandalous behavior as it is from my own.

2) spend an entire day at work while being paid while actually planning the fabulous vacation that I wish I were on instead.

3) be late to work one morning (at least) due to (choose one or more: late night of partying, really great morning sex, amazing dance party I had secretly in my room with Madonna in the AM that went on a little too long, late night of working, or because I spent all night reading a freaking book that I could not for the life of me put down even when I saw 4:35 am staring at me mockingly).

4) eat donuts for dinner.

5) wear the same clothes for more than the same day...

6) laugh at myself.

7) laugh at my friends.

8) be there for someone when he/she and I least expect it.

9) help someone without realizing it.

10) hurt someone on purpose (and regret it - maybe).

11) let someone help me.

12) get hurt and survive.

13) Choose one: buy sexy new lingerie to wear alone while eating ice cream, try a new drug, run a marathon, fall in love, or pass the Bar.

(Ok....you can choose more than one for #13....and that seems lucky and likely doable....)

Is doable a word? Am I on crack? Well...this is what studying does...Kudos to finishing off 2005 kids. And for the New Year - if you are the person I intentionally hurt for some yet unconceivable reason - I apologize and trust me I am sure I really only hurt myself. And to whomever hurts me I say, "Do you know who the Fuck I am? I am kind of a big deal and you...you kinda suck at life...I'm just saying, I know the truth hurts."

(and just so you know how crazy I am…I am think it would actually be more grammatically correct to say Do you Know Whom the fuck I am…ahhh sweet dreams kids.)

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to harp, but since you brought it up: "Do you know who the fuck i am?" is correct English. Your craziness is causing overefinement. But at least in a funny way.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

It is good to know that my craziness is funny. Also, I spent too long considering that getting lost in subjects and objects...etc...so thanks for the tip...you anonymous poster you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home