Sticks and Stones

Monday, May 08, 2006

lag - lagger

I know...lagging in the tales of my life. But my life has been insane as of late a cacophony of o.p.p. (other people's pets), couch surfing, starting a new job, getting sick at coachella and missing nearly the whole thing, and lots of driving/planes/trains and buses.

Where am I? Some ways better and some ways worse. Exactly where I am....hmmmm I find my new abode to be truly in the city of SF...no longer in the sunset....and it is sunny not a hazy shade of grey. Slivers of sunlight dance through my new apartment almost non-stop and I enjoy the rythym and beat of a different but somehow more alive city inches from my door. That and there are burritos, and coffee and bars crawling/littering my neighborhood....like fool's gold and I love it.

My thoughts are pensive as always.....as thoughts are....I wonder what a world without first kisses looks like? I wonder about the choices I have made to stay in CA, to obtain this job, not to be in NYC or S. Korea....not because I would change a thing but because I wonder about the future.

I guess that is all I have right now..a mild hello... a brief check-in. But a last thought...I wake up every morning now facing a mirror (which is also two sliding doors to my closet)...so I awake everyday and face myself. There is something jarring and unsettling about come face to face with yourself everytime you open your eyes...but there is something comforting and astounding in the strength, love and ability to do it. So - I suppose my new place gives me myself...which is nice because the hustle of the couch surfing was making a certain slipping of self much more possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home