Sticks and Stones

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two is a Day?

So.. the weekend that was brunches.

Saturday - immediately following the blogging, Jeff and I went to Brunch at Slow Club and I had a delicious fried egg sandwich. Jeff napped most of the day.

I baked a double layer chocolate cake as a trial run for my boss's 50th birthday cake.

It took a long time, but i made it from scratch, even the frosting :)

At some point after the hours of baking fun, I woke Jeff up to try it and he LOVED it. So, the trial run was successful and the real deal will be next weekend. I ate a piece and thought it was good as well - very rich.

Now we have this giant chocolate cake, if any friends are around...

Sunday - Brunch at Serpintine with Jeff, Spesh and Astrid. It was their first weekend doing Brunch. i had something called red flannel hash. It was poached eggs, potatoes, beets, and beef brisket with Rye Bread. Very little beef brisket - that was more like a seasoning to the potatoes, which I felt was very deceiving on the menu with listed beef brisket first. So, I expected the menu to be like Ingredients on a box and contain more of the item listed first...this was not true.

That said - the beets were awesome. I have such a love of beets - fresh beets cook up so tasty. This was something that I did not know until I was an adult. But now i love me some beets...mmmm mmm.

Monday - Went to the Gym! Yippee. Well done. Pat on the back. Worked, watched Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill (guilty pleasures), read some more of the book I am reading Indecision and went to sleep.

Should be noted: I also mailed out my loan assistance application.

So - it was a good day.

Tuesday - is today...Jeff got his cast off. Yippee! I may go to the gym after work to try out their pilates class, I am undecided. But my stomach hurts...so we shall see how that unfolds.

Oh and I did not drink on any of these days. My last drink was still at the end of August. I am starting to wonder if alcohol actually has calories....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home