Sticks and Stones

Friday, September 05, 2008

So it is Friday.

I made it through the work week. No drinks. Wednesday was a bit hard, but I broke my normal habit of going to the happy hour club and went home instead which helped a bit. I also shifted gears and assigned myself the duty of writing the letters that I needed from my firm to start the application process for the loan repayment aid. I really hope I get it.

So I did that and watched a movie. The movie was In The Land of Women and despite having the OC's seth and Meg Ryan and some very cute younger actors, it failed to totally come together. It was ok. It had some great parts, but as my junior high grade teacher used to say "reach for significance". Man, I hated that, every day with that phrase. But I see in this movie, a valiant attempt at significance which really only offered a very usual tasting slice of Americana pie. In other words, the movie has been done before and although it is true to life in many ways, it did not add a new understanding of the world around us - for me. It was quiet and humble and encompassed a lot of Real life issues but not a lot of real life resolutions or high passion. I wasn't moved to create something or driven to a new emotional state. I thought it was good but lacking the significance....that is for you Mrs. Marvel (I didn't even know I could still remember her name....how I despised her then).

Ok so that was Wednesday day. Fairly normal day though I suppose quite different than a normal Wednesday for me. I did crave a drink at about 6 pm but I moved past that as you saw above. It was all good. I think I drink more water now.

Thursday - well Thursday I have my PT for my TMJ which I usually love. And I thought this is the first time since I started going (1 - 2 months ago) that I would go in not at least partially hung over. I was sober. BUT my wonderful, magical therapist was not there. I got another lady and a guy for the exercise part. I did not like it. If she is not there next week I may be drinking the following Wednesday to ensure that if she is, perhaps, just a figment of my demented hung over state - I will get her back. I miss her. So the massage and exercises were not as good...grrr.

Thursday night my beau and I went out for dinner. He drank a few drinks, I had a lot of calistoga. We ate at the bar. I did yearn for a drink here and there. But all in all it was good. I enjoyed the conversation a lot. The food was quite good though they screwed up my dinner and forgot the walnuts and I was looking forward to that part. But my meal was late and I let by-gones be by-gones and took the left over pesto pancetta pasta home. Obviously, I plan to buy walnuts.

And that leaves today...so far, I am fine but very tired. This has nothing to do with the lack of alcohol and everything to do with my little friend aunt flo and probably that weird massage from yesterday.

If you can't handle that information...fuck off.

Ahh but next week flo will be going home or wherever she presents herself...and I will return to the gym. I am excited to see if that feels better on a diet of no alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home