Sticks and Stones

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

30 days of Not Drinking Alcohol

What will happen? Will I loose weight? Will I cave? Will I accidentally quit smoking? Why I find a new hobby? Will my life improve? Will I be cooler or more square? Will I still dance as well? Will I be richer? Will I get a raise?

I have no idea. But here we are at day three and I thought I should start the blog which was supposed to accompany the experiment from the beginning. That did not happen. But let me tell you days one and 2 were very uneventful, I highly doubt I would have had more than a glass or two or wine...so nothing has been noted.

Today, however, I generally go to a happy hour party after work. So, I may feel some change. I am not going to that party for a variety of reasons, nearly all of them financial. But having the non-drinking rules in effect makes the temptation easier and will likely result in me completely a large portion of an application that I need to fill out. So that would be a plus...though tonight is still in the future and thus only speculation.

Here is what I am doing: Not drinking for the entire month of September. I fully intend to drink again as of October 1. I want to see what will happen, if anything. Selfishly, I am most curious about the quasi-dieting effects, but I will note anything. I did weigh myself August 31st....I will let you know if that drops or rises.

Cheerio

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home