Sticks and Stones

Monday, November 08, 2004

blah blah blah

So.......I have learned that TV on the Radio also uses blog spot for their blogs.........sweet - - although - likely a bunch of idiots do as well - - so I am no smarter nor cooler than anyone else - - just cause we breathe the same air - right?

My main problem in life is that I can't get over my damn self.... and I see this as the problem with most people. I spend a great deal of time wishing I was cool tall vulnerable and luscious and ...... that gets me nothing. I also spend a great deal of time listening to and seeking out music and find that as with books - - this is a process that is ever evolving and leads to more searching and finding - - but you gotta love the journey - - Right?

Since I believe I have annoyed and perhaps angered my friends by being offended by their fire-escape discussions of me........I must stop emailing them or being concerned with what I believe is their perception of me and find all things good and well once again - - lest I give into my insanity - insecurity and depression.

I can't believe it is only 9:30 in the morning - - I am bored out of my skull as I do my temporary job of the day - - which is as a receptionist in a private high school - - - bizarre - - these kids look so young - hard to believe that I was only in high school ten years ago or so. I yearn for there to be ridiculous high school students here a la Fast Times at Ridgmont High, Dazed and Confused or The Dreamers (or were they in college). I just want to see some kids fully realize the fleeting aspects of this time of their life and take full advantage of it - - is that because I did or didn't? I don't know - I mean in reality I think high school was a place I wanted to escape from - - - such silliness of popularity............but it still seems like a popularity battle on most days even now - - just different players - - different games - - and me still trying not to play.

Anyway - I am working on this book (or maybe not) - -- but my curiosity is whether or not one's friends would be angered if they saw a character that seemed to have some similarities to one's own self? I mean I guess there are two takes on this - - - or three. 1) I never finish the book - or no one ever reads it - so who cares or 2) Mostly loved - a la Jack Kerouac or 3) some bad reception a la Thomas Wolfe or Hunter S. Thompson.........not that I would ever be as great as these writers but mentioning Blair Blahserton - - - would not evoke any mental picture - right?

This blog is slightly boring.........will return later........with party favors and robots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home